Author Topic: New High pitched noise accompanied by headache  (Read 103 times)

Offline Gildo

• View Profile
New High pitched noise accompanied by headache
« on: Jun 02 2019, 05:10 PM »
Hi everyone. I had a pretty bad attack on the 17th May that lasted 24 hours. I've not been 'right' since. Alongside the usual clicks and bangs and hissing, I now have a noise in my ear that sounds like a trapped mosquito and it's really getting me down. As well as this I am also suffering with headaches and puffy eyes. Would anyone know if the new sound could be causing my headaches? Also I had a new experience whereby (this is gonna sound stupid) my feet felt dizzy. What's that all about!!  :'(

Offline MissCheeva

• View Profile
Re: New High pitched noise accompanied by headache
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03 2019, 03:54 PM »
Hi Gildo,

I have a whole selection of strange noises at different times.  A new noise often is more noticable than one you have had a for a while.  I manage to ignore mine, but I know that many people struggle with it.  Try looking at the articles here https://www.tinnitus.org.uk/ they might be helpful to you.

As for dizzy feet that may sound crazy, but this illness hits us all in different ways and I am not one to judge.  I was watching a documentary about perception and how loosing a sense or just having it altered suddenly can make our brain do strange things.  Maybe it is your brain adjusting to the new sound and making you fell as if your feet are dizzy.  I find when it all gets worse I feel like I am walking in a dream state and everything feels very distant. Almost like I am not connected to the real world.  Again this is my brain not getting all the necessary information to build a proper picture so it does its best and it is mighty strange.

Headaches and puffy eyes are not something I have experienced.  If you are concerned then go to your GP.

I hope you feel better soon.
MissCheeva

Offline Gildo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04 2019, 12:00 PM »
Hi Misscheeva
Thank you for your reply. Normally I don't get bothered by the noises but this one is high pitched. I think the last attack has just literally knocked me off balance again ie I got used to how I had to live my life but the latest attack changed what I I was used to. Back to the drawing board again. You're very right that my brain is now trying to adjust to new symptoms. I went to see my GP and she's sending me for blood tests. I think i have lost my confidence again after the last attack as I am now wary of going places for fear of an attack. However I know I have to fight back. Right now I just feel like an old fart.  ;D

Offline harry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04 2019, 02:51 PM »
Hi Gildo,

A high pitched whistling sound in ears is a very common Tinnitus sound. Obviously Tinnitus is one of the four main symptoms of MD. Tinnitus tends to get worse during and after an attack and also when your stress levels are higher ( normally following an attack)

The Tinnitus, full & fuzzy head and additional hearing loss can last for several weeks after an attack. In fact Tinnitus is normally a perminent thing for many MD sufferers.

I myself have three different Tinnitus noises. Perminent high pitched whistle in one ear. Low hum/roar in the other and the occasional musical tinnitus ( the sound of a hymm or song repeating itself over and over )

Headahes probably due to increased stress.

Puffy eyes not an MD symptom. More like an allergy (hayfever) thing

Funny Feet. Who knows !!!!

Regards

Harry

Offline Gildo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04 2019, 03:01 PM »
Hi Harry
Thank you for responding. The noises are definitely weird and different for each and every one of us. Sometimes I get loud bangs and they frighten the life out of me. Also I never have a clue where sounds are coming from. As for the dizzy feet my husband says he gets that sensation when looking down from a height. So it must be a balance thing. He was never frightened of heights before and seems to have developed this phobia as he got older. You could be right that the puffiness is an allergy though I have never suffered hay-fever in the past perhaps thats what I have.
I am currently off work on sick leave due to a very stressful work situation that triggered several meniere's attacks. The worst being the one I mentioned earlier. I have had a few minor ones since and not due back to work until 17th June. Just going to try and get my Confidence back again before then

Offline chrissieg

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09 2019, 08:56 AM »
I am sorry for your recent resurgenge of bad symptoms and hope they start to recede soon.

If my tinnitus is increasing, often due to increased stress, I tend to try and exercise some control over it. I lie down on the bed and very deliberately do the basic breathing relaxation technique. Breathe in through the nose for a slow count of 5, hold breath for 5, out through mouth for slow 5. After a while, the tinnitus always decreases although, of course, never disappears . It also helps to feel more in control and less a victim to it. Easy and worth a try.

Chrissie x
Chrissieg