Author Topic: M.E  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Loopylou

• View Profile
M.E
« on: Oct 30 2005, 12:22 AM »
I have now been told i dont have m.d but m.e..... i am also given to understand this is a vestibular problem?... any advice guys?

Offline jon

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
    • HNPP UK temp page
Re: M.E
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04 2005, 03:53 PM »
Hi Louise, sorry I hadn't seen your post till today. I'm also sorry that i cant enlighten you anymore about ME and Menieres.

I dont know much about ME. As I said in the other thread, I had Glandular fever, epstein-barr virus, 88 I think. The repeated throat infections went on for about 6 weeks, 3 episodes with fever and glandular swelling. Once that cleared up I was just left without any energy, always tired, pains in joints for about a year.

I did get several bouts of vertigo during that year, but not the rotation kind, more like the 'drop attack' but not as severe, just the feeling of the floor vanishing, a floating in space sensation with lots of nausea. But I had already had deafness and tinnitus years before I had glandular fever.

I see that often Herpes virus (chikenpox, shingles, ebv, cytomegalovirus, and others) are thought to be the culprits initially in cases of ME. They are also thought to be respnsible for another immunolgical illness, CIDP, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculopathy, which has a very definite neuropathy, Guillain Barre is the Acute form of the disease. It's hard to see the difference but I suppose ME is more muscular whereas CIDP is prominently peripheral nerves causing the muscular weakness.

I was looking for info on CIDP which would be suitable, I then found this page on CFS (ME?) and FMS compared to CIDP......It might be that the same treatments IVIG for CIDP  might be suitable for CFS/ME/FMS
http://www.cidpusa.org/FMS%20CFS.html

There are certainly possible treatments if it is ME that is driving your vertigo.

Hang on in there Louise, now you've got further answers from your Docs, there could be better things coming your way.

Best wishes,
Jon.
Tinnitus and deafness left ear 1981 onwards.
Diagnosed with meniere's in 1993.
Retired from work 1995.
HNPP - Hereditary Neuropathy with Pressure Palsy

Offline KT

• Visitor
    • View Profile
Re: M.E
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27 2010, 02:28 PM »
hi my name is kate just reading your post. i have M.E. just wanted to say that M.E. can make you feel dizzy sick and unsteady on your feet having now been dianosed with Md as well i can tell you there is a big difference between the two. apart form the usual M.E. systoms the feeling sick and idzzy etc.. are manageable as you have other stuff to cope with so in my case i just add it to the list of feeling fubbish but with Md boy i cant stand for very long, i vomit have a pounding headache and literally have to lay down. both illnesses are horid. i hope you have the support around you regarding your M.E. sending you my best wishes kate x