Author Topic: Having a really bad  (Read 2298 times)

pink

Having a really bad
« on: Mar 04 2008, 02:04 PM »
Having a really bad time at the moment with dizziness and balance feel really tearful and feel I am not coping very well with menieres I dont know if it is just a bad patch I am going through I dont always feel I can talk to anyone as they dont understand how I feel and I know you guys do sorry probably boring everyone.
pink

constanlydizzy

Re: Having a really bad
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04 2008, 02:50 PM »
Hi Pink

Sorry to hear that you're down at the moment, you are not being boring, just truthful. I am sure most of us feel like that on a regular basis, I know I certainly do!!!!
My balance is really bad at the moment too and I try to keep how I'm really feeling to myself as much as possible because as you say no one really understands exactly how we are feeling unless they have experienced this horrible illness themselves.
The only advice I can give you is to keep your chin up and hope that one day soon you will begin to feel a little better. Do what you can when you can and try and put yourself first and rest as much as you can.
If you would like to e mail me I would love to hear from you.

Best wishes
Julie

barbara

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04 2008, 07:42 PM »
Hi Pink,
Feel free to moan as much as you want. We all understand where you are at.

Hope you soon feel better.
Barbara

pink

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04 2008, 08:42 PM »
Thanks guys its nice to know there is someone to talk to out there thankyou
pink

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04 2008, 09:47 PM »
I'm in a pretty bad place myself at the moment Pink, so I do know how you feel.

Take care

Chris
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

ManiloonySally

« Reply #5 on: Mar 05 2008, 07:58 PM »
Hi Pink

I feel just like you do, this is a great place to talk, you are not alone :)

Sally x

Offline gloverclare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06 2008, 11:42 AM »
never appologise for saying how you feel!! i often keep a lot of my real feelings away from my family because i don't want them to run their lives round me, but i get very depressed, particularly over the loss of my hearing, am waiting to get an appointment through to see about having cochlear implants & every day feels like a year to me which i know doesn't sound very rational but there are no rules to follow with meniere's, if you feel down at times then that is perfectly natural & you are speaking to many people who can relate to that regardless of their symptoms. take care, Clare XX

pink

« Reply #7 on: Mar 06 2008, 07:41 PM »
Thankyou everyone for your kind words I am glad I joined this menieres forum as you can always express your feelings

Offline Gibson335

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07 2008, 02:36 PM »
Hey, Pink.

I can only echo what others have said...never apologise for feeling blue about this thing of ours. We all know there are people worse off, and so we can feel sympathy for them, but we're entitled to feel a little sympathy for ourselves, too. Depression can be closely associated with MD, because it's almost a grief-like state, mourning the loss of who we once were.  Please feel free to mail whenever you like, and if you do I'll also give you my number if you want so you can call if you're very down.  Whatever you do, don't suffer alone and in silence.

Best wishes.

Tony
I intend to live forever...so far so good.