Author Topic: hello, new here. stemetil problems  (Read 2372 times)

suzy-sunshine

hello, new here. stemetil problems
« on: Mar 08 2008, 05:29 PM »
hi this site is great, i have had md for 19 years on &off,very bad the last 8, so much so i have not been out for years.  we moved here 4 years ago and its lonely as i feel no one understands what its like to suffer with md. having led a full active life before i find it very difficult to adjust,  but i keep as busy as i can, we have a dairy farm so no end of work to do.i found this site in my spin mag.  i take nothing for md as had very bad side affects to stem & serc did nothing for me,i am interested to know if anyone has had problems with stemetil when taken 3 times daily.

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
Re: hello, new here. stemetil problems
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08 2008, 06:00 PM »
Hi & welcome

I had bad reactions to Stemetil too so I don't take anything anymore.  I was completely
wiped out on stemetil & found it actually hindered my balance, not helped it.  Like you,
I didn't find serc helpful either.  I'm sure there's always lots to do on a dairy farm!

Glad you found us.

Chris
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...

NEWOSA65

Re: hello, new here. stemetil problems
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08 2008, 11:07 PM »
Hi suzy-sunshine,

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the medication, i was just the opposite to you and haven't had any problems with the serc or the stemetil.  I take 96mg serc daily and have done for over 4 years.  I only take Stemetil when i'm feeling dizzy or spinning but take it in the form of buccastem tablets instead (.. which is stemetil).  You don't swallow these tablets but place them high up on the top gum (behind the top lip) and just let them dissolve there.  Have you tried the other anti-dizzy tablet called Stugeron?

Take care,

Simon