Author Topic: Friday 18th logic problems..  (Read 3782 times)

NEWOSA65

Friday 18th logic problems..
« on: Jan 18 2008, 12:01 AM »
Todays puzzles:

1) Walter spent three days in the hospital.  He was neither sick nor injured, but when it was time to leave he had to be carried out.  Why?

Answer:  Walter was a baby.

2) What gets wetter as it dries?

Answer:  A towel.

3) 'We eat what we can, and we can what we can't'.  Can you explain who would make this statement?

Answer:  This statement was made by a Salmon fisherman who was asked what he did with all the fish he caught.

4) A child at school printed something rude on the wall and nobody owned up to doing it.  How did the teacher find out who did it??  (handy one for lizzie!)

Answer:  One of the words that was not rude was spelled incorrectly (for example, ''The headmaster is a horribul %$@*&@!'').  The teacher gave the class a spelling test that included the word and the guilty child spelled it wrong again.

barbara

Re: Friday 18th logic problems..
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18 2008, 06:42 AM »
Hi Simon,
First thoughts

1. Walter is a baby
2. a towel  (good old cracker joke)
3.someone who works or is able to process spare produce  into cans for long term storage.
4 require a little more thought.
Barbara

Lizzie

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18 2008, 08:11 AM »
Morning Simon

I agree with Barbara's answers to questions 1-3.

Number 4 - The child used its finger to print the rude messge - the teacher looked at the finger prints???  Am I right?  :o

Liz

Sara

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18 2008, 11:39 AM »
Number 4 is easy, someone always dobs someone in - kids love telling on each other!!

Lizzie

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18 2008, 07:18 PM »
Hi

Well, it is 7.10 pm and I'm still thinking about these puzzles whist drinking a glass of wine - maybe the wine will help   ::)!

Number 4 - Did the teacher inspect the children's hands for paint .... or look at their handwriting?  Did the child put a signiture under their message and then the teacher got the class to sign something so s/he could compare it? .............. Did the teacher just ask who did it?  (God I'm struggling tonight). 

Still not sure about Number 3 - I might have to admit defeat (and so might you in relation to the parrot problem Hahaha!!!)  ;)

Liz

NEWOSA65

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18 2008, 07:36 PM »
Hi Liz,

Your kinda getting there with number 4 - one of the children wrote something rude on the wall, but the first part of the sentence wasn't rude and contained a spelling mistake and from this the teacher was able to deduce the guilty party but how????:D

For number 3, think about fishermen.... 

Simon  :)

Like your lateral way of thinking, though!!

Lizzie

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18 2008, 07:40 PM »
Hi

Aagghh!!!  Did the child spell their name wrong??

Number 4 is bugging me now - I bet the answer is really obvious  :-[ :-[!

Liz (getting frustrated now, but merry).

Lizzie

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18 2008, 07:59 PM »
Hi

Did the child have a specific learning problem e.g. dyslexia? Therefore their message was easily identifiable??

Liz (drawing on experience and starting glass number 2)

Offline ntvinh986

• Visitor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13 2009, 02:42 AM »
Hi Simon,
First thoughts

1. Walter is a baby
2. a towel  (good old cracker joke)
3.someone who works or is able to process spare produce  into cans for long term storage.
4 require a little more thought.
Barbara

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Offline Christina

• Trusted member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13 2009, 09:40 AM »
Hi and welcome, glad you found us.  We are pleased to have new members and I hope you will find this site useful.

Chris x
not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ...